Hex for FUE Technology Overview
The Harris S.A.F.E. System™ Hex for FUE is a revolutionary disposable blunt dissection tip for hair restoration surgery that combines speed, efficiency and accuracy, providing hair transplant physicians the world’s most innovative graft harvest system.
- State-of-the-art technology for FUE
- The S.A.F.E. Hex technology causes vibration of the skin allowing for a gentle yet complete separation of the follicles from the surrounding skin.
- Single use disposable
- Each disposable dissection tip is easy to use, no cleaning or sterilization required, low cost per case.
- Low transection rate of 2.8% on average
- The S.A.F.E. Hex has been tested with hundreds of patients. It provides the surgeon the tools to significantly reduce follicle transection rates for better patient outcomes.
- Deeper dissection to 4mm depth
- A deeper dissection means less tissue adherence to the graft and that less traumatic force is required to remove the graft from the skin. Sharp punch dissection techniques usually only allow dissection depths of 2-2.5 mm.
- Easy to learn technique. The surgeon new to FUE can learn the basics in just a few hours.
- Rapid increase in productivity
- Ease of use and low transection rates with the S.A.F.E. Hex means that a surgeon can deliver excellent quality grafts after a short learning period.
- Excellent clinical results in hundreds of patients.
- The S.A.F.E. Hex tips are available in a variety of sizes to match the characteristics of the patient’s follicular groupings, skin characteristics and the surgeon’s skill.
- 8 mm, 0.9 mm, 1.0 mm, and 1.2 mm internal diameter punches are available.
- Training options with Dr. Harris are available. The usual course involves one-on-one didactic session and 2-3 hours of actual hands-on experience with an actual patient, under the guidance of Dr. Harris.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between the Hex and the round?
The S.A.F.E. Hex causes tissue vibration that separates follicles from the surrounding skin. This allows for a more automatic, complete dissection, which means lower transection rates, less force required to remove the follicles from the scalp and better clinical results.
Why is the S.A.F.E. Hex technology the state-of-the-art for FUE?
No other system allows for 4mm depth dissection with and average follicle transection rates of 2.8%, and is this easy to learn. This puts the option of offering FUE surgery to patients in the hands of every surgeon.